Friday, August 20, 2010

The New 25 Year Old Millionaire Hid the Winning Lottery Ticket in her Bra

Hey, it's a great spot to hide something like a winning lottery ticket. She's a young new Canadian Millionaire! When the clerk told her she won 1 million dollars - she grabbed the ticket and stuffed it in her bra. Here's the story from CNews. Can you tell she's excited to be new lottery winner?

Million-dollar lottery winner hid ticket in her bra

WINNIPEG -- Alicia Jongstra received her big cheque from Western Canada Lottery Corporation officials at the Delta Hotel in downtown Winnipeg after striking it rich as the sole winner of a $1-million Maxmillions prize in the June 18 draw.

The 24-year-old Winnipegger, who works in a group home with disabled young adults, said she found out she was a millionaire when she stopped for gas at the North Main Co-op on her way to work and checked her ticket.

“I heard the ‘woo-hoo’ and thought I’d won 10 bucks but the lady beside me could see the screen and told me I’d won a million,” Jongstra. “I immediately took the ticket and stuffed it down my bra so nobody could take it away from me.”

Jongstra, who turns 25 next week, said she plans to use her new cash to get laser eye surgery and to build a home in the country near Stony Mountain where she grew up. Read the whole story...




No comments:

Post a Comment